Thursday, May 28, 2020

If I say


If I say,
I can empathize,
with your stress,
It will be an understatement…
The days which churned me,
to spill the best and worst in me,
and the days which witnessed,
the thankless faces of the people,
the very same people from whom,
I yearned for a single word of praise…

Those days…
are still a nightmare,
When giving the best,
Was a synonym of stress,
A race, for want of something,
which never was worth your sweat.
But still, we go after that want, that need…
That is human nature, isn’t it?
To excel, to get appreciated,
to perform for gains,
both materialistic and emotional…
For that is how we move on,
instilling the seeds of virtual growth,
to grow like a selfish being,
while deep inside,
your own selfless mind,
rests in a corner; helpless…

© Sarika Harikumar Shyam, 28/05/2020

        ********************

No comments: