Monday, April 22, 2019

Love beyond life



I gazed at my love, the night sky, after many years. He was still in his prime youth, continually transmitting his shine and magnificence everywhere.

I was in love with the night sky then and was very young and naive. But, he never reciprocated my love for him.

I had once set out to know his secrets, to capture him and his emotions. I traveled into the endless realms of Universe. The journey continued for years, but I couldn’t even be near him.

Today, my vision is blurred, my ears deafened and I have lost my youth and energy.I am on my death bed, awaiting for cessation. 

Through the open window, I could see the eternally young and handsome night sky. I closed my eyes, questioning about my love and life.I felt being embraced by the vast and handsome night sky.
I opened my eyes and saw the grieving face of my child over my lifeless body. I could hear mourning from the people around me.

And then, I realized, it was the final answer to my ultimate longing to be with him.

©Sarika Harikumar
April 22,2019



No comments: