Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Reminiscence

***************
Do you remember those yellow sunflowers,
Photographing our first kiss in the flash of their yellow fields?
They were shy, you know,
As if they never witnessed a love, as passionate as ours, ever…

Was it then that I told you about my love for their yellow hue?
I think so, I vaguely remember you sliding one behind my ears.
You then told me about your love for the sky’s blue,
And held me up to capture its hue…

We were so naïve then, weren’t we?
Reaching for the sky and plucking those flowers,
Showing off our love, to them and the whole world,
Did we ever think then that it was a fool’s paradise?

 I am afraid to go there now, to those sunflower fields,
As they might find out, our little secret, even before our hearts do,
I wonder if they would be glad or sad,
When they witness a love, as impassionate as ours, now…


        *****************



©Sarika Harikumar Shyam, 03/06/2020

No comments: